Pretty depressed by the fact that the first day of summer brought us a fuckton of rain and freezing at no more than 17°C, I went to get me some running shoes this afternoon (mission succeeded) ... and came back with a big-ass-so-full-it's-tearing-at-the-seams white bag with "H&M" printed all over it. Those damn stores of theirs always just happen to cross my path and I never fail to pop in "to take a quick look", which inevitably results in me carrying home a bag like the one mentioned before combined with a huge, stupid smile all over my freaking face. I'm aware that shopping to heal the pain is not the smartest thing in the universe, but I also know it's an easy response that never fails me ...
My rationalizations usually work like this:
1. This top/dress/skirt/whatevs is the bomb and you'll* wear the hell outta it!
2. You've been wanting/needing a top/dress/skirt/whatevs just like this one anyway.
3. What's the point of suffering at work if you can't reward yourself? (Money is meant to go around anyway!)
4. The original price was 30 € and now it's discounted to 10 €, so you're actually saving money, not spending it.
5. Oh come on, it's so damn cheap, it would be a crime not to take it!
6. At least you're a smart shopper, you only buy shit you really wear.
7. Oh look, it's not even actual money you're spending here, you just let the nice guy take your card for a moment ...
* talking to myself FTW!