I'd been thinking about last year a bit more and as the compulsive-obsessive list maker that I am, I'll just ... you know, make a list.
2009 low points:
- My beloved cat passed away after almost 16 years of beautiful moments together. I was devastated and still miss her so much. I'm not a fan of words with religious connotations, but I could say we were truly blessed to have her.
- Depression just wasn't ready to leave me alone yet, and not just me, also some other people close to me. I was often feeling numb, helpless, aimless, anxious, sick and tired of it all... (But eventually, I decided to fight it.)
- My boring, routine, unsatisfying job. Not only things weren't getting much better, they even deteriorated to the point where I was pondering quitting. I probably would have already if I didn't have some great coworkers.
- The trip to Mexico and Florida with my boyfriend. "Amazing" sums it up just perfectly!
- Amazing summer with my loved ones, having fun and not worrying about anything.
- Learning who I really am, what I want to do in my life and how to stay true to myself.
- And last, but not least, 2009 also brought me my blog!