I set up my little photo studio in the bathroom today as the light is much better there (note to self: clean that mirror already!). I didn't actually wear that stuff to work as it's fucking winter wonderland over here, only suitable for rain boots and a pile of warm layers, but I transformed to it as soon as I got home from work-followed-by-shopping (the bold shoulder blazer is brand new, still fresh from the sales which are currently in full swing here). Putting this on made me feel like Austin Powers when he got his mojo back!
(boots: C&A - shirt: H&M for men - blazer: Zara - skirt, faux pearls ring: H&M - leaf necklace: ASOS - pearl necklace: vintage - owl necklace: from eBay)
(jade ring: from eBay - nails: OPI Nail Polish in Dutch Tulips /my fave red at the moment/)
As someone familiar with depression (BTW, I decided to fight the bitch this year with all my powers!), I realize the importance of always having something to look forward to. In that spirit (combined with my lists-making obsession), here's some stuff I'm excited about in the near future:
- Buying a DSLR camera and making some kick-ass photos!
- Travelling. Don't know yet where, don't even know when exactly (probably in February or March), all I know is it's going to be with my boy and that we're going to some warm, sunny, happy place!
- Making jewelry. It used to be my no. 1 hobby, but then my inspiration ran dry, I guess. It's coming back now and it feels like funny waves, splashes of some kind. Hope I'll be able to transform that energy into earrings, necklaces etc.!
- Making people look and feel better and eventually starting my own business based on that. If it goes well, quitting my job is the logical next step. Ooooh, that sounds so good, it's like my ultimate fantasy ;)
- Spring and summer and sunshine and going to the seaside. I had such an amazing summer last year, the memories still have the power to make me smile.
- Good times with people I love. Always a spirit lifter!
- Eating macadamia nuts. Oh wait, I just did and I OD'd on the fuckers again. Hello, sick times!